Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DIY granite island counter top

I'm the kind of person who loves a good project. I had the idea to change the location of a few counters in my kitchen, I was scared but that didn't stop me. So I went to the store and I picked up the supplies including: sand less grout, tile, floor cleaner, wood trim , nails, and the likes. I started by slowly removing the counter that was attached to the wall and then I separated the counters from each other. I had to clean the hard wood floors and that took some time but when I was done I relocated to cabinets into the new locations and then I reattached them. I then had a new island. I put a 3/4 inch think ply wood on the top of the counter top and then I added the tile and some cute support brackets. To finish it off I added some trim to the edges. I'm very happy with the project and I feel like a handy chick!

No comments:

Post a Comment